Tuesday 25 March 2008

Groundhog day. Again.

I was back at work today following my 'me' week and gosh, isn't it sad how life doesn't move on. The shadow was cast as soon as I left daylight at the door and the old groans and gripes that I had dearly hoped had been blown away, like cobwebs and a good old spring clean, had merely been neatly piled up for my return.

I hope that not all places of work are like this. I cling on to the dream that there is an office out there where people are happy, sunny and smiley. Where they say 'good morning' and 'goodnight'. Where they are genuinely interested in your response to 'good time off?' rather than playing lip service to the crowd. Where hierarchy isn't key and pencil skirts aren't the only way to move up the career ladder.

When I find that place, I am never going to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment