Monday 26 October 2009

The owl and the pussycat

went to sea in a calming cup of tea...

Pop anything in beautiful packaging and I'm instantly drawn to it. The illustrations are so much fun and the shortbread biscuits are a delight. More expensive than your average custard cream, but well worth it. They bobbed about on the work surface for quite a while as they were just too lovely to recycle.

And the book that's peeping out is a little Penguin book that I picked up in a charity shop.

Such a simple yet eye catching cover from 1955.

4 comments:

  1. I have the tin lunchbox with this design! I couldn't resist the owl and pussycat either...Very curious about the book.

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the owl and pussey cat design look very 1950's to me so go welll together I think.
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cute biscuits too...and so does Mr P!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the owl and the pussycat! Can still sing it perfectly! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete