Sunday 11 October 2009

Sore feet

From shuffling around the Knitting and Stitching Show yesterday.

Had a jolly good time - coffee with mum in the Champagne Bar at St Pancras (it was a little too early for a glass of fizz, even for me), bought some lovely things, which I will share with you later on in the week, and met some lovely people. I fell in love with the cushion above that was part of the super East Anglian Stitch Textiles exhibit - such wonderful retro colours - and mum fell in love with a little dog but oh how I wish...

...that the aisles were wider - quite a few 'wedge' situations took place around the more popular stands.
...that the refreshments were up to scratch. Curry is not something that springs to mind when I hear the words 'knitting' and 'stitching'.
...that the halls were divided into 'knitting' and 'stitching' - just a thought.
...that all the handmade sellers were in one spot - we kept stumbling across wonderful designers wedged between random stands like Victoria.

Hope you had a lovely weekend. Mr M flew away on business again today but luckily I have a new project to wile away the evenings thanks to one of my purchases yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing more of your finds and hearing about your new project. Sounds like quite a scrum! K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a creative arts fair thingy at Manchester in the G-Mex and at times it was horrendous. So so many people in there, I'm sure I didn't see half of what was available but I had to get out of there for my own sanity and everyone else's safety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I've heard mixed things about this show on the blogsphere. Sounds like you enjoyed it though so that is good. Was tempted to go myself but I was lazy...be interested to see your purchases though! Exciting!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete