Sunday 28 March 2010

Mellow yellow

Have you noticed how yellow the outside world is looking at the moment? It's such a delight. We added to it by popping some yellow violas, courtesy of Mr M and his favourite garden centre, in the borders to fill the sorry crocus gaps. I won't go so far as saying that we now have 'swathes' of yellow but it's certainly looking better.

Our weekend was a lovely mix of Spring cleaning, gardening, cooking and sleeping. I met up with Miss R on Friday to go to the Natural History Museum After Hours night and see the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition. Incredible photography - all the more amazing when you realise that someone spent hours in a hide hoping to get the shot! My favourite had to be the flying puffin, followed by the young penguin looking utterly confused by the human footprint in the sand. One thing to note with these Friday late nights - they only have cash bars! Nightmare. We were planning on being decadent and splashing out on a bottle of something lovely, but ended up having to scrabble around in our purses and come up with just enough to have a glass each of the cheapest plonk going. Poor planning on our part, but we couldn't face having to walk back to the tube station for the cash point.

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my last post. Spring cleaning the flat, my papers and my direction seem to go hand in hand. I sometimes need a jolt like this to put everything in perspective.

Have a great week. I have 3 leaving do's and 2 lunches before my last day on Thursday. I'm going to need Easter to recover! x
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a fab bee photo. Perhaps a submission for Wildlife Photographer of the Year next year :) Will be thinking of you this week. K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Wave across the river at me. At home I'm in Hampton and at work in Kingston. If you stand on a chair carefully and look in the right direction you might be able to see me waving madly at you.
    Keep up the good work.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete