Wednesday 16 June 2010

A dash of French


Bonjour! I do hope you're having a lovely Wednesday - the sun is out and the sky is a pale blue but there is a gusty wind that has been buffeting me around the garden thwarting my plans to take photos of the latest blooms. Last night my lovely friend Miss B took me to Mon Plaisir in Covent Garden for a pre-birthday dinner. The oldest French restaurant in London, no less. Alas I took no photos but I just had to share with you our menu because we are still talking about it today.

Les hors d'oeuvres
Marinated and Roasted Beetroot with a Goat's Cheese Mousse
Beef Carpaccio with Foie Gras and a Watercress Salad

-----------------------

Les poissons
Scallops with a Pea, Bacon and baby Onion Velouté, Creamed Potatoes

Les entrees
Roasted Breast of Duck with Apples and Chorizo Marmelade

Les legumes

Haricots Verts £3.00 Epinards à la Crème £3.00

-----------------------

Desserts/Fromage

Tarte du jour - white chocolate
La Decouverte du Fromager

Yum, yum, yum! It was one of those delightful meals where the food and conversation flowed and before we knew it, it was time to wend our way home. Thank you Miss B!

Photo: Old postcard of Lyon bought from one of the stalls along the Seine in Paris last month by my sister. Wish I'd picked some up too...

No comments:

Post a Comment