Sunday 18 March 2012

Flowers for Mother's Day

I couldn't find a bouquet I liked yesterday, so had a go at doing one myself this morning. Miss P joined me. A little sneaky practise before my course in two weeks time...ahem. With the flowers wedged between my feet in the car, we zoomed to my parents for roast chicken courtesy of my sister. Delicious.

I've just finished reading 'The Language of Flowers'. Have you read it? I really enjoyed it. So much so, that I photocopied the dictionary at the back of the book. I like the idea of giving a friend a bunch of Moluccella laevis to wish them luck or some stems of Allium for prosperity.

Amusingly, I hadn't spied the dictionary before buying the flowers yesterday - declaration of love (tulip), constancy (blue hyacinth), anticipation (forsythia) and forsaken (anemone)...

...I was just going for lovely Spring flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment