Tuesday 10 December 2013

A welcome lodger

I've had the most delicious couple of days. Days not tied to the blackberry. I've pottered and played, not quite completed the to do list but made a good dent. Slept until 9:00. Had tea in a mug. Lunch on a plate. I've sorted dry cleaning, banking, post office runs, planned meals. I remembered to breathe. My shoulders ache from the lack of tension. I watched the world go by.

At work, I see grey suits, office blocks, planes and traffic. Here I see trees, green and roof tops. Woodpeckers, long tailed tits, blue tits, great tits, coal tits, a robin, a wren and a sparrow flitted through the garden in the half hour I spent watching. As I cleaned the conservatory, the robin kept a beady watch. The little blue tit watched me warily as I washed up.

Mr M passed me this note this evening when I was on the phone to my Mum. It made me smile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment