Wednesday 4 June 2014

The artisan gardens

Ah - the final Chelsea post. It had to come. My favourite of all. The artisan gardens - these two were the winners for me. And thank goodness I'm tall - the crowds were five rows deep. I hadn't realised until now quite how much the top one looks like Mr M's workshop (minus the box and planting). I thought the fire pits were delightful and fell in love with this pair of boxing hares. So simple. When I was little my grandfather used to make things for the garden. You never knew what you were going to find in their borders - a wooden pig, a hen. At one point a he had a soldier complete with painted bearskin at the top of their huge conifer tree. Gardening should be fun, don't you agree?

2 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed all your Chelsea posts but I love this garden most. This would be my perfect garden - calm and cottagey! (Is that even a proper word?) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved your posts - the artisan garden you have blogged is just gorgeous!! Who wouldnt love to have a garden like that xx

    ReplyDelete