Sunday 4 January 2015

The final slice of Christmas


The last slice of my first Christmas cake on one of the new cake plates. Part of the Fable range by Royal Doulton, the tree design is wonderfully Faraway Tree, don't you think? So easy to make - no mixed peel for me but lashings of fruit and dark chocolate, oh and some ground almonds, all of which took the edge off the traditional Christmas cake. Made two weeks before Christmas, I didn't bother feeding it - thankfully it was nice and moist. Golden marzipan and Royal icing finished it off. I did make some decorations, but we didn't even get close to eating it on Christmas Day so there was no ta-daar moment. It was quietly carved up and wrapped in foil for people to take home. Recipe from BBC Good Food can be found here

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! The cake looks and sounds delicious (I must try adding chocolate) and the plates are beautiful. I hope 2015 brings you everything you wish for and more! x

    ReplyDelete