Oh boy, if you could bottle the smell of them baking you'd make a fortune.
Makes 20 small or 12 large cookies
125g self raising flour
50g cocoa powder
80g caster sugar
80g dark muscovado sugar
100g dark chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Once creamy and light, add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, one spoonful at a time. Once mixed, add the chocolate chips.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture on the baking paper and gently press your thumb on each dollop to make a small indent.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, marvelling at the chocolate aroma.
- Gently remove from the baking paper and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Headache number 2. An important part of the washing machine decided to 'come away' this afternoon resulting in a bit of a flood. Super. Especially when you bear in mind that our washing machine is squeezed into the tiniest space in our kitchen and our kitchen is on a slope. Mr M to the rescue again along with some colourful language of varying volume.
Thank goodness for tea and cookies.
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!