Sunday 13 May 2012

Jamie's spinach and feta filo pie with a porky twist

This was the first recipe from Jamie's 30 minute series that I saw on Channel 4 when it was first aired yonks ago. It looked amazing. It's why the book went on my wish list in 2010. Needless to say, I've cooked lots of lovely things from the book but for some reason avoided this one because it looked a bit tricky. Mr M, being of the braver kind, made it this evening with his own twist - little nuggets of crunchy bacon. 

Leftovers will be enjoyed for lunch this week, making a wonderful change from the usual rip-off sandwiches that I buy. And the blooming marvellous Mr M, who knows me only too well, has already chopped it into pieces and wrapped them individually so that I can grab and go in the mornings. 

Next on the list - trying to break the expensive tall-skinny-single-shot-decaf-white-americano-to -go habit that I appear to have developed recently...hmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. It's a regular (without the meat, of course) on the menu here and we actually had it last night, courtesy of the boy (as I'm currently incapacitated). I may need to borrow the marvellous Mr M!

    ReplyDelete