Monday 25 February 2008

Gosh - where did that week go?!?

I can't believe it's Monday again. Time is flying by far too quickly and today it feels as though it's been magnified as I've been up since 5:15 this morning for work. I am absolutely exhausted although I did get to see the sun rise over South London whilst on the train.

Had another lovely weekend. The sun was out, the daffodils were out and so was I. Saturday was spent in London at City Lit with Mum, doing a one day felt jewellery course which was her Christmas present from moi. I was so chuffed to come away with a pair of earrings and some felt balls to string together to make a quirky bracelet.
We even managed to squeeze in our favourite meal - moules mariniere for lunch. Having hopped on the Central Line with Mum and then pointed her in the right direction for the Bakerloo Line, I meandered to Liberty to peruse a couple of hours away before meeting N for dinner.

And what did I find? Oh, just a little bit of a fabric sale. I couldn't quite believe the price - £4.99 per metre instead of £24.99. OMG. I even had to ask to double check. The most wonderful assistant helped me out and I ended up coming away with two pile of fabric. They are lush - photos will be lovingly taken and posted. I need to get my grubby mitts on the Amy Butler tunic dress pattern so that I can turn the fabric into my summer wardrobe.

I left Liberty feeling slightly guilty and pottered over to the Royal Festival Hall (great view at night of the Oxo Tower and the building next to it bathed in red light) where I met N and we had a mediocre Italian (near Ping Pong, not really worth it) before going on to a bar behind Selfridges. Needless to say we ended up leaving early as we were both worn out (N had been overdoing it in the garden again!).

We spent most of Sunday outside as it was a truly glorious day. Having made a mid-morning dash to Squires Garden Centre to use up our garden vouchers from the wedding, we had a lush stash of plants to pop into the rather sad winter borders. We've got lots more plants arriving on Mothers Day - one of the many benefits of having parents who are gardeners by trade. Hoorah!
The wellies have been reluctantly popped away for another week - or rather discarded at the back door for N to pop in the shed...
Right. I'm going to drag myself to bed to devour some more of 'The Interpretation of Murder' by Jed Rubenfield, which I'm really enjoying, before getting some shut-eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment