Monday 2 June 2008

Washing, wonderful roses and woobarb meringue pie

Look at these wonderful roses. They are stunning and smell just like Turkish Delight. They are from two standard roses that we had at our wedding last year and have bloomed like billy-o in my parents garden.

I have just spent a fab weekend back home seeing old friends and more importantly spending some much needed quality time with my parents which has been a long time coming. What with the wedding and buying our flat, I don't think we've had such a relaxed time since we last went to France a couple of years ago. Our mission for the weekend was to wash my wedding dress which hadn't been touched since August. Look at these pictures - and the filth! Following the bath, we stuck it in Granny's old bolster pillowcase, popped it in the washing machine and it came up a treat.

And this, my friends, is N's woobarb and apple meringue pie. It was scrumptious - a secret layer of marzipan and apple and rhubarb compote made from family/friends fruit. Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment