Tuesday 2 December 2008

Recycled trousers and some TLC

It's been a funny couple of weeks. It's not until you're at home during the day that you realise that a) Victorian flats are cold and drafty (fab in the height of summer, not so fab when it's just 0C outside), b) it's particularly easy to lose hours, nay even days, when you don't have much routine, c) it's really quite lonely when you're used to company (Blue has popped in every so often - he appears to have a timeshare on the chair next to me) and d) it's rather depressing when you take into account a, b and c and add drawing the curtains at 4:20 to the list.

In a nutshell, I was craving lashings of cake, pots of tea, comforting chats and some much needed TLC, so I headed home to see my parents.

And what did I find? Why, my resourceful mother had been inspired by Cath Kidston's new book and turned a pair of my work trousers - put out for charity - into not one, but two cushions with a leather and suede Stanley to boot. Don't they look great?!

I had a lovely time, wounds were licked and I even learnt how to crochet. I am constantly inspired when I go back. Time to pull out my stash and start playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment