Monday 5 January 2009

No. 1 (in the nick of time)

We woke up this morning to snow! Hoorah! For some, this is merely a dusting of icing sugar. For us, extreme excitement, we are Londoners and this rarely happens.

Now, one of my resolutions for 2009 is to be more creative. And my plan? To make something each week. It doesn't matter what form it takes - knitting, sewing, baking a pretty cake - as long as I post a project each week. (I may well start to bend the rules as the weeks become more hectic...)

So, here is my first project of the year - and talk about timing!

My first knitted hat (from here).
My first knitting experiment - different wool (Rowan All Seasons) and needles.
My first weekend project!

Next!!! It might just be a birthday cake for Mr R's birthday this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! And it's at such a jaunty angle! I'm into knitting berets at the moment and have taken to wearing them in the house! (No, not all at once).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks. I'm really chuffed with it although the seam is a little bit untidy. I found your post about berets - the grey looks fab. Where's the pattern from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern I've been using is from Sirdar and has four different berets to choose from. I've been sticking to what seems to be the most straightforward (not sure I'm ready for cables just yet).

    ReplyDelete