Thursday 14 June 2012

Playing with layouts

It's all very exciting over here. Our flat is under offer, and we've had an offer accepted on a tiny cottage. It's what those newspaper types refer to as a 'project home' - spreadsheets, talk of 'phases' and a proper excuse to spend endless hours reading more blogs and websites looking for inspiration... It's early days - lots of paperwork and solicitor emails - so I'm trying not to get too excited, but I can't help but scribble down the ideas I have in my head for the rooms, just to see how it might work. We're not gaining that much more space, so it's going to require clever storage solutions and light, bright finishes. I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, exciting! I was thrilled to see your sketches because I do exactly the same; imagine, sketch, measure (figure out it won't work) & start again...I love it & have always worked that way. Have you tried the 3D version? (Get a long piece of paper, divide into four lengthways sections, sketch a wall per section then fold in to a square & there's a 3D room...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, it sounds very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed it all goes through smoothly for you. Can't wait to see pictures of the cottage. (I'd happily move house but the mister refuses to budge!)

    ReplyDelete