Monday 3 June 2013

Chelsea Flower Show

I was lucky enough to go to Chelsea Flower Show this year. Part work, part pleasure. Having been an ardent Hampton Court visitor, I'd oddly always been in two minds about Chelsea. I was surprised at how small it is compared to Hampton Court. I loved the single marquee. My two favourite gardens were The SeeAbility Garden (above) and Homebase. I found the Australian winner a tad Alton Towers and some of the sculptures frankly astonishing - there is clearly a market for goblins and dragons. I found it wonderfully British that people still dress up to attend - despite the weather - heels and all. Chelsea in Bloom provided great entertainment for those working in Sloane Square with lots of shops taking part - Smythson diary flower arrangements, Sixties blooms at Kate Spade and blossom branches at Jo Malone. All so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment