Monday 12 August 2013

Holiday reading

Reading is my therapy. A portable habit that can at times be deliciously all consuming. I have been known to sneak away from chores to spend a delectable 20 minutes getting absorbed in a plot. Lingering over a coffee to eek out precious minutes of prose. Walking along the street dodging fellow commuters and tree roots with my nose buried in a book.

Recently, I've allowed work to interrupt my moments of escape. Commutes spent clicking away on my blackberry rather than turning a page.

Our trip away afforded us time. Time to catch up with each other. Time to laugh. Time to sleep. Time to be. Time to read.

I polished off three cracking books on holiday, oddly all with a WWII theme.

1. Citadel by Kate Mosse.
2. The Secretkeeper by Kate Morton.
3. The Seamstress by Maria Duenas.

If you opt for 1 - I'd recommend reading Labyrinth and Sepulchre first. Number 2 touches on life in London. Number 3 has an exotic flavour with the Spanish Civil War and Tangiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment