Wednesday 9 January 2008

Some musings...

It has to be said that my fuse was rather short today. Everything ticked me off - moaners, groaners, crunchers, chewers - you name it. I think it's due to the lack of sleep I've been getting recently. Anyway - a couple of observations.

Manners - Lynne Truss recently wrote about the fact that people seem to have mislaid their manners. I commute to the City every day and am still astounded each morning by just how few manners the rich suits have (some might say that that is how they have become rich...). For the third day in a row, I was slammed into the side of the tube as men, who should know better, pushed me out of the way so that they could get a seat.

Limited patience -
1. I dropped my train ticket this morning which meant that I had to bend down to find it. The number of tuts and 'f-sakes' that were thrown in my direction was incredible.
2. Getting back on the tube to come home, I stood back and allowed someone on in front of me which resulted in the same response as above.
3. At the checkout in Sainsburys, the rather keen cashier beeped my shopping through faster than I could pack, let alone pay and tap in my pin number. Eye rolling and tuts ensued in the queue behind me.

Now, I've always been the first to beat myself up and get flustered when I've found myself in these situations. But no longer. I am making a stand. I am going to take a leaf out of my mother's book and take my time. No one has the right to rush me - unless it's N and I'm late!

Rant over and time for bed. Did manage to get a couple of rows on the hyggelig done so feel slightly calmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment