Friday 11 January 2008

Behold the shining star of Danish design.


May I present the most beautiful bowl. I have long been salivating over all things Danish and when my friend (and bridesmaid) relocated to Copenhagen in July, I could not wait to book my flights! Being the fabulous friend that she is, she indulged my obsession at Christmas. Not only did she get us a stunning Rosendahl carafe (which marvellously matched the salt and pepper mills that I picked up at Copenhagen airport for N when I visited her in December), but she also bought me this bowl, called Sirio, by Inger Mehlum at Kahler Design. The tiny box window in the bedroom has been cleared of books (I have so many I don't know where to start!) so that it has its own uncluttered shelf which, as many will testify, is a rare and prized thing in our flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment