Sunday 13 January 2008

What a wonderful weekend!

We've had such a lovely weekend. We started it by going down to Wiltshire to visit my Grandpa. It took us about an hour and a half to drive down from London, taking in Stonehenge and a fantastic field of alpacas at Fonthill Bishop. It was so good to see him and catch up. It's hard to believe that we haven't seen each other since the wedding. He took us for a great lunch at The Compasses Inn - a true country pub with a vast menu and even longer wine list.

And today, with my domestic hat firmly plonked on my head (albeit slightly askew), I set about playing housewife and cleaning the flat whilst N cracked on with the new garden path. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped - it always seems to take so much longer than you think it will! Have you noticed how you have to make a lot of mess in order to tidy up the small mess? Here are the plans for the garden. N spent today burying bricks along the lines to edge the path and laid patio slabs along the length of it.
We also have a major squirrel problem - here is N's wishful thinking...
To top the day off, I made a scrummy supper (the first of 2008!) in the Chasseur with potatoes, onion, pork and dijon, topped off with green beans. Yum, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment