Wednesday 21 August 2013

Snapping at our heels

You can feel it in the shadows. Waiting. The cool edge to the breeze, flowers turning to seed, leaves starting to crisp underfoot, the sock drawer opened for the first time in months, jumpers taken as a precautionary measure against the chill, red wine over white with dinner. I must confess that I wore our summer well this year. I may have taken it for granted. I find myself mourning a season that hasn't quite finished. I've been hit with post holiday blues. I'm not quite ready for racing green, burgundy, mustard and navy. I'd like to wear my flip flops for just a little bit longer.


1 comment:

  1. Evenings are just a little chillier and aren't quite so long now but I've really enjoyed our summer weather this year. I'm wearing my flip flops for a bit longer though!

    ReplyDelete