Thursday 5 February 2009

Anyone for a slice of cake?

Yum, yum, yum. Thank you Nigella. Your Victoria Sponge is pure heaven. This chilly weather has made me put on extra layers, skate to Sainsbury's, crank up the heat, pick up my knitting needles and drink lashings of tea. And you can't have tea without cake. And boy, is this cake good. I made it following a recommendation from mum and whilst I was having a brief break from job hunting (still not working - boy, is this a bad time to be out of work. I've had more rejections than hot dinners!). Poor Mr M is unlikely to get a slice as he's away on business - I must confess that it no longer looks like the photo above. I have no idea where it's gone. Ahem.

2 comments:

  1. hee hee -I seem to be thanking nigella a lot these days too. Your cake looks delicious and you're quite right -you can't have tea without cake!

    ReplyDelete