Monday 6 April 2015

And then it was April

And Easter was early, my parents celebrated their ruby wedding anniversary, much champagne was drunk, Mr M's medicine garden started to take shape, chocolate was eaten, rabbit ears were bought, gym gear was donned, library books were read at a voracious rate, a tree was bought (!!!), I nipped to Edinburgh for work (architecture to die for - the view of the rugby chaps warming up at Murrayfield was a pleasant plus) and I started to feel normal. Words are still a little scrambled - but I've thoroughly enjoyed losing myself in the prose of others - Ali Smith, Maria Semple, Nigel Packer, Patricia Duncker and John Williams to name but a few. As I write this post, my bones are still warm from the Easter Monday sun that seemed to call to the dandelions, poppywort, daffodils and daisies to raise their yellow faces to its warm glow. Thank goodness we can wave goodbye to the coldest of seasons and hello to Spring, the rejuvenator. So many plans, so much to catch up on. It's been a long time. How are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment